Wanted: Digital Community Creator
Digital Community Creator?
With switchrs we translate the sustainability ambitions of companies, governments, and organizations into tangible action. We do this by offering market analysis, strategic consulting, concept- & business model design, …
During project we often develop our own innovation tools, harvest inspiring cases & design new methodologies to create meaningful impact for our clients & society. In order to grow our impact further, and being able to support and empower more people on a wider scale, we like to kickstart DIY.switchrs.com; our own digital channel where we’ll share our tools & templates for sustainable innovation, curate inspiring cases and collect useful insights for people to start creating more impact themselves.
We’ve started this platform already on a low-key level by sharing some of our tools and creating our LOOP card deck. Seeing these tools pop-up all over the world (from universities in Paris to social innovation hubs in Pakistan) is extremely rewarding. Our next step now is to step up our game.
For this we’re looking for an all-round creative who knows how to bring the right content to the right audience, and who knows how to develop new opportunities to reach as many people as possible. Sharing knowledge, and growing & supporting our network on the one hand, but also generating new leads and business.
What we are looking for
For this job we’re looking for someone with an interesting combination of skills both on a strategic and a hands-on level. Below are the main skills we are expecting from a digital community manager:
- Capable of translating ideas, knowledge and innovation tools into useful online content;
- Knowing how to reach different audiences online, and being able to set up the right communication channels;
- A drive to push ideas further, and spotting new opportunities;
- An entrepreneurial mindset to make those opportunities happen;
- The maturity to develop and follow-up a communications strategy, and the skills to direct the rest of the team to support you in this strategy;
We expect you to grow and engage with our (online) community, by curating, creating, shipping and scaling up DIY.switchrs.com. As the head of everything considered marketing, communication, and online community, you’ll be the lead in steering and directing the switchrs team in translating a communications and community plan into action.
Profile and job details
At switchrs we believe more in ambitions than in certificates. Below is a list of what we think we need for this job.
If you think otherwise, convince us!
Profile and skills
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Experience in managing and engaging with online communities (Website, Instagram, Linkedin…)
- Up to date knowledge, insights and practical skills in (digital) communication and marketing tools and strategies
- Knowledge on measuring efficiency and effectiveness of these strategies
- Self-directing, entrepreneurial, and autonomous attitude
- Purpose driven with a drive to keep pushing the boundaries of sustainability and social impact.
- You have the graphic skills to turn dusty facts and figures into something slick.
- You speak additional languages
- WordPress + Elementor makes you happy
- You don’t freak out from words metatag, CTR & bounce rate
- Basic photo & video editing
- You love a good sustainability dilemma discussion on tuesdays
As our digital community creator we expect you to:
- Set, plan and implement online communication campaigns and strategies;
- Manage DIY.switchrs.com, social media, and the switchrs newsletter;
- Define a relevant focus and scope for new content, and direct the team to help you in translating that focus into new tools, reports, insights, blog posts…;
- Come up with new and exciting ways we can engage with, empower further, and grow our community;
- Work closely together with sales and business development to explore new opportunities;
- Translate the lessons we learn from projects into shareable content, keep our network up to date with our agenda (workshops, keynotes etc), and support in setting up our own events and workshops;
- Watch over and evolve the look and feel of all the content we ship;
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology trends.
What we offer
We’re a young purpose-driven company with big ambitions. As our community manager you get to shape our future identity, brand and digital strategy.
We offer you a competitive salary, chances to create your own path in sustainability, and a supportive culture to try out new things and take risks. And all that from our offices at the Impact Factory in Mechelen, Belgium.
How to apply
Interested? Send an e-mail with the subject “Digital Community Creator” to email@example.com, and convince us why you are the right fit for this job.
Together with your motivation letter and CV, we would like to hear how you would take on this job, what your approach would be, and what your long-term ambitions or goals are.