Circular business model of NetEffect by Interface, mapped through the Circular Design Map
How does it work?
- Print the template (on A4 is fine to start)
- Map out the current as-is situation of your product or the case you’re exploring. Try to link the most relevant material flows and how they move around.
- Take a different color and try to come up with several ways you could ‘close the loop’.
- If you find yourself stuck, look at some of the example cases to find new patterns or ways to get unstuck.
- Don’t only look at closing the material loop. Whatever solution that comes out of this exercise must be a viable business case as well! Whenever you change something in the current model, reflect on how that will affect the product design, material choice, customer/user-relationship, financial flow,…
- Go and test is out. Try to write down the new model and see how potential customers or users react to it. Try building a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) to see how it holds up in reality.